Pages

Friday 10 February 2017

Affordable skincare regiment


Good Skincare and a healthy diet can help prevent the aging process.If you don't find the time for intensive skincare,you can still start with the basics.
  • Protect your skin from the sun.
Well,sun rays can be good for the skin,especially in the morning where you can grab Vitamin D.On the other side sun exposure can increase the development of wrinkles,dark spots or other skin problems.Make sure you wear a sunscreen with atleast SPF 15.For a daily basis I would recommend using a tinted moisturizer with SPF or an SPF spray over your skin. I've used the Sun Sense tinted moisturizer(SPF 50+) and I noticed a great change in my skin pigmentation.I use an actual sunscreen when going to the beach.


As we all know the ideal time to take care of our skin is in the early 20's so I've listed products that has worked for me.If you have a different skin texture or a different diet than me maybe it won't work for you but you can still give it a try and send me feedbacks later on!For now let's jump into the actual skincare.

1. Cleanser 


Cleaning your skin is one of the major things you want to do to have clear skin.I would recommend to try a few cleansers and see what works best for you and stick to it.Switching between too much products can cause disbalance and thus affect your skin.Personally I've been using this Bourjois Fresh cleansing gel  for a year now and I can only tell good things about it.Being an affordable and drugstore product it does the job perfectly without leaving any dry patches or causing irritation. It is also very affordable and you can easily get your hands on it.I also like the Neutrogena cleanser and recommend it if you have more problematic skin.

2.Make-up remover.

Avoid using make up remover wipes,these often leave the skin dry.Instead use oils to remove your make up.I personally use coconut oil as make up remover or the Diadermine Lait demaquillant. It's a great one!


3.. Exfoliant.

When it comes to exfoliants you really want to be careful about the type of your skin.Honestly for me most of the exfoliants I've used till now have made my skin worst.Dry patches,breakouts, dark spots..just terrible.For my part I use a natural DIY exfoliant with simple ingredients you'll find in your kitchen.Ground coffee +sugar +coconut oil.That's it! Just mix all the ingredients and you have the best exfoliant ever.Not only does it removes dead skin but the coconut oil in it helps moisturize the skin which I think is so important.Be careful not to exfoliate your skin too often you'll end up damaging the masterpiece.




3. Masks

Just like we do like to treat ourselves with awesome cooking and extra cleaning on our off days,it's good that we take time to do intensive cleaning of the skin at least once a week.I know it's time consuming but it's a must if you don't want to regret your bad choices in your 40's. Lol! You might have noticed till now that I prefer natural ingredients(if not then I do!) My ultimate go to mask is the tumeric mask which is so easy to make.All you need is tumeric,honey and a little bit of milk.This mask really helps fade out dark spot that have been there since your teen days.It also helps with the small annoying pimple that we get specially on the forehead due to unhealthy diet.*eyeroll*.Other than that there are masks that I really love and I'm also going back to.They're from the face shop and they're affordable but also refreshes the skin instantly.My favorites are the honey mask and the mung bean one.These are amazing.You should try them!


4. Moisturizer.

I know a lot of people don't like to moisturize their skin.I'm one of them but I've learnt over time and noticed the wellness it does to your skin.You get that instant healthy glow which we all want.I'm currently using the L'orĂ©al Hydra-Total moisturizer which feels amazing but is also very light on the skin.I don't like thick heavy moisturizers as I like to let the skin breathe.Another moisturizer/oil that I recommend is the Bio oil.I use this right before I go to bed as it's a little bit heavier of a moisturizer than I like but it's great and what's super about it is that you can use it all over your body.The bio oil is very effective for stretch marks too!I also like the Appelles lotion,it's light-weight and keeps you well hydrated.The only drawback I can say about it is that it does break you out when your first use it as it's getting rid of all the impurities from your skin.Just like a skin detox!



5. Eyecream.

I have very bad under eyes and I've tried to cover the mess with color correctors,concealers and powders but let's be honest these won't help change the dark circles or the eye bags most of us have.The under eye skin is more thin thus more sensitive so that is why I like to take care of them even if I'm young.I been using the anew eye cream which is a great one.It has two parts the cream and the elixir(which you put above the eye cream).




6.Lipscrub

For all of you who wear matte liquid lipsticks which crack the heck out of your lips,watch out.A quick natural exfoliating mask that I use which is also very popular➡ the olive oil sugar mask.You just mix sugar with the olive oil or coconut oil if you prefer then gently applying it on your skin using circular motions.This mask is vert effective.I'm always amazed by the texture of my lips after doing this.To moisturize my lips throughout the day I use the basic ChapStick or the Maybelline babylips nothing too fancy.


Last but not least I wanted to share with you how I take care of my lashes which is something most of us don't care about.All the thick waterproof mascara we wear damages our eyelashes so once in a while I like to give them a pamper session.To help them get longer and healthier mix fresh aloe vera together with castor oil and coconut oil.Apply it to you eyelashes with your fingers or an old mascara brush and leave overnight.On my lazy days which is almost everyday (hahaha) I just apply vaseline to my lashes and leave it overnight.You'll be amazed by the results.

Remember that whatever products you're using in your skincare routine whether they're high end,drugstore or natural products consistency is key if you want to see results.With that said I hope you learnt new tips and tricks for having amazing skin and don't forget to share your tips about skincare in the comments below.Love you All.

The Inspired Islander



No comments:

Post a Comment